Friday, August 29, 2008

MUD RUN TODAY!!!

Today is the day. It's actually 2:30 a.m., so I still have a few hours until the mud run actually starts, but it has been a bit difficult to sleep these days. Sean and I have the greatest friends in the world and they have been working day and night putting Sean's Jeep together and making it mud ready, so I am able to drive it in the run today!!! I am so thrilled. I am so touched? that they have done this in honor of Sean. This has really been making me miss Sean sooooo much. I just wish he could be at this mud run.
I have been working the past couple of weeks now, and as much as I want to be at work to keep me busy, I still feel like I am having a hard time working. My anxiety really starts to kick in while I am there!
The girls are doing good. Ella is becoming so big! She is constantly talking! Addie has become a repeat (oops), so hopefully my child does not repeat some of the things she says at daycare!
Well, finally getting tired--I will definitely be updating sometime shortly after the mud run!! Thanks.

~nicole~

7 comments:

Pine Pod Farm said...

Have fun and hugs to you and your family! Hopefully Addie doesn't repeat stuff that she hears at daycare though.

~*~Amy~*~

Sharon said...

I hope everything goes well at the Mud Run!!! Have Fun!!
I know that Sean will be right there with all of you.

Hugs!
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Nicole, thank you and God bless you for sharing your thoughts with us during this time of bereavement and pain. Many of us are going through this same painful process - but to see such a young family dealing with loss of this kind gives us courage believe it or not...

Jocelyn said...

Hi, Nicole. I am waiting to hear about that run! I know this is all hard for you, but am so glad to see you letting us know how things are going. I am not surprised you have such good friends who are there for you. You have a wonderful attitude and that will serve you well through this difficult time.

Watch Addie's vocab! Love, Jocelyn

Anonymous said...

GOD BLESS MARTY,KELLY,YOU AND THE GIRLS.GODS LOVE WILL GUIDE ALL OF YOU.THE HOLY SPIRIT IS ALWAYS WITH YOU.
LOVE AND PRAYERS TO ALL
AUNT DEB (MARTY'S SISTER)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have the mud run [never heard of this before your writing] keeps you distracted and occupied. I too, believe Sean is with you. Keep strong, and prayers to you, cindy mpip [stage III]

Teresa Fisher said...

Nicole,

I just spent the Labor Day weekend on the dunes at Silver Lake... It was the first time ever being there... I was in awe at the beauty...

....you and Sean were on my mind the over the entire weekend. I could picture you all there... especially Sean buzzin around the dunes...

I have never met any one you, however I have seen photo's. I work with Deb Harshman at the VA.

.... I lost my son Nicholas at in 2006. He was 20 then... I know that the one thing I need to know even to this day 2 years later... That my sons memory is alive and people are thinking about him!

... I just wanted you all to know... I was thinking about him, you, and your precious little family... I was very tearful all weekend.. missing my Nick too. And imagining him along for the trip... He loved the dunes... So I talked to them together last weekend... two amazing young men, giving and so full of love.

To Sean and Nick!

Sincerely, Teresa Fisher